The 2017 Stock Show and Rodeo kicks off today, and we are back to give you the scoop on how to get discount (or even FREE!) tickets to this favorite annual community event! Here’s how:
The Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo 23 day event (January 13 – February 4) opens its doors today with a schedule packed full of premier livestock shows, daily rodeo (extra ticket needed), live musical entertainment, petting zoo, family friendly exhibits, and lots more. There are fun activities for the whole family, and the list of exhibits and events is fresh each day.
Plan ahead and you can get Stock Show grounds admission for FREE or even 50% OFF rodeo tickets. Here’s how to save:
1. FREE Grounds Admission, Tuesday, January 17 (Dickies Day) ~ Wear your Dickies logoed clothing item to the gate ticket office and receive FREE general admission to the Stock Show grounds for Tuesday, January 17 only. Learn more here.
2. FREE Grounds Admission for TCU Fans & 50% OFF Rodeo Tickets for TCU Students & Staff, Thursday, January 26 (TCU Day) ~ Wear any TCU logoed gear on TCU day to receive FREE general admission to the Stock show grounds (rodeo performance not included). TCU students, faculty and staff with a valid/current TCU I.D. can also get $10 rodeo tickets (regularly $20) for performances on this day. Learn more here and here.
3. FREE Grounds Admission AND Rodeo for Military Appreciation Day, Monday, January 30 ~ Present your military ID (active or retired) at the Rodeo Ticket Box Office and receive FREE tickets to the Rodeo (includes Grounds admission) for you and your immediate family for the 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. performance (you can get your tickets now!). Thank you for your service! Learn more here.
4. Multiday Souvenir Pin / Pass (savings on multiple days) ~ For a limited time, the Stock Show and Rodeo has a special souvenir pin that you can purchase that nicely lowers the cost if you will be visiting the Stock Show for more than 4 days. With this $40 per person deal, you get a souvenir pin that provides daily ground admission, admission to 2 Museums (see info on the Moo-seum experience below), and entrance to all livestock and horse shows during the entire 23 days of the show. Do note that you do need to plan to attend at least 5 days for this to be a savings.
|Get The Latest Frugal in Fort Worth Blog Updates for FREE!
You will receive the latest saving tips on local restaurants, cheap shopping, family entertainment, money-saving coupons, and more budget stretching ideas throughout the week when you subscribe.
Subscribe for FREE (here)!
5. Fort Worth Star Telegram Press Pass Savings, up to 50% OFF Stock Show Admission or Rodeo Tickets ~ Present your valid FW Star-Telegram Press Pass when purchasing general grounds admission or rodeo tickets to get the following savings (Limit 4 discounts per Press Pass ):
Press Pass Discounts:
$2 OFF Adult Grounds Admission every day
$6 OFF Weekday 2017 Rodeo performances
Gold Press Pass Holder Discounts:
$10 OFF select performances (please contact box office for dates where discount can be used)
Limit (4) discounts per valid Gold Press Pass. No promo code needed.
50% OFF Stock Show Grounds & Midway Rides on Wednesdays
All cardholders who present their valid Press Pass card at the box offices on Press Pass Wednesdays will receive 50% OFF the regular adult grounds admission price of $10 and half-price tickets for Midway ride tickets (regularly $1 each). No promo code needed.
6. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For Museum Members ~ If you’re a member of The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, you can get into the Stock Show Grounds for FREE any day. Museum members must present a current Museum Membership card and photo ID at a Stock Show ticket booth to receive free entry. Learn more here.
7. Special Cowboys & Culture Moo-seum bonus (love this!) ~ For the 6th straight year, bring your Stock Show ticket with you to get FREE admission to The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame — January 13 to February 4. For adults, that’s a bonus savings of $15! Learn more about the “Moo-seum” program, here.
8. 50% OFF Parking on Saturdays & Sundays ~ Parking is normally $10, but on Saturdays and Sundays, visitors can take the $5 Rodeo Redline park & ride shuttle from the lot just north of Billy Bob’s in the Stockyards. Buses run from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturdays and 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sundays. Go here to learn more.
9. Free & Convenient Parking For Modern Museum Members ~ Show your current Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth membership card to the Modern’s parking lot attendant to park in the museum’s lot for free!
When: The 2017 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo takes place
January 13 through February 4. Learn more here.
Where: 3400 Burnett-Tandy Dr. Click here for driving directions.
Parking: Parking is normally $10 and more limited due to construction of the new arena. Find parking info here. A special Rodeo Redline Park & Ride shuttle will be available Saturdays and Sundays during the Stock Show. It will take you directly from Billy Bob’s North Lot to the front gate, pick you up, and return you to your vehicle parking lot for only $5 per car. To find out more, click here.
Note for fellow bloggers: If you have found this information helpful, please link back to our site (here). Leave us a note in the comments section with your post, so we can visit your site, too!
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE