The 2018 Stock Show and Rodeo kicks off today, and we are back to give you the full scoop on how to get discount or even FREE tickets to this favorite annual event (daily through February 3). Here’s how:
The Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo’s 23 day event opens its doors today with a schedule packed full of premier livestock shows, daily rodeo (extra ticket needed), live musical entertainment, petting zoo, family friendly exhibits, and lots more. There are fun activities for the whole family, and the list of exhibits and events is fresh each day.
Plan ahead and you can get Stock Show grounds admission for FREE or even 50% OFF rodeo tickets. Here’s how to save:
1. FREE Grounds Admission, Tuesday, January 16 (Dickies Day) ~ Wear your Dickies logoed clothing item to the gate ticket office and receive FREE general admission to the Stock Show grounds. Tuesday, January 16 only — learn more here.
2. FREE Grounds Admission for TCU Fans & 50% OFF Rodeo Tickets for TCU Students & Staff, Thursday, January 25 (TCU Day) ~ Wear any TCU logoed gear on TCU day to receive FREE general admission to the Stock show grounds (rodeo performance not included). TCU students with a valid/current TCU I.D. can also get $10 rodeo tickets (regularly $22) for performances on this day. Learn more here.
3. FREE Grounds Admission AND Rodeo for Military Appreciation Day, Monday, January 29 ~ Present your military ID (active or retired) at the Rodeo Ticket Box Office and receive FREE tickets to the Rodeo (includes Grounds admission) for you and your immediate family for the 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. performance (you can get your tickets now!). Thank you for your service! Learn more here.
4. Fridays, 50% OFF Admission for Seniors ~ Senior citizens age 65 and over will be admitted to the Stock Show grounds every Friday throughout the show for $5 — that’s 50% OFF general admission January 12, 19, 26 and February 2, 2018.
5. Multiday Souvenir Pin / Pass (savings on multiple days) ~ While supplies last, the Stock Show and Rodeo has a special souvenir pin that you can purchase that nicely lowers the cost if you will be visiting the Stock Show for more than 4 days. With this $40 per person deal, you get a souvenir pin that provides daily ground admission, admission to 3 Museums (see info on the Moo-seum experience below), entrance to all livestock and horse shows during the entire 23 days of the show and more. Do note that you do need to plan to attend at least 5 days for this to be a savings. Learn more here.
|Get The Latest Frugal in Fort Worth Blog Updates for FREE!
You will receive the latest saving tips on local restaurants, cheap shopping, family entertainment, money-saving coupons, and more budget stretching ideas throughout the week when you subscribe.
Subscribe for FREE (here)!
6. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For Museum Members ~ If you’re a member of The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, or the Cattle Raisers’ Museum you can get into the Stock Show Grounds for FREE any day. Museum members must present their current Museum Membership card and photo ID at a Stock Show ticket booth to receive free entry. Learn more here.
7. Special Cowboys & Culture Moo-seum bonus (love this!) ~ For the 7th straight year, bring your Stock Show ticket with you to get FREE admission to the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, or the Cattle Raisers’ Museum — January 12 to February 3. For adults, that’s a bonus savings of up to $40 if you visit all 3 museums! Learn more about the “Moo-seum” program, here.
8. 50% OFF Parking on Saturdays & Sundays ~ Parking is normally $12, but on Saturdays and Sundays, visitors can take the $5 Rodeo Redline park & ride shuttle from the lot just north of Billy Bob’s in the Stockyards. Buses run from 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturdays and 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sundays. Go here to learn more.
When: The 2018 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo takes place
January 12 through February 3. Learn more here.
Where: 3400 Burnett-Tandy Dr. Click here for driving directions.
Parking: Parking is normally $12 and more limited due to construction of the new arena. Find parking info here. A special Rodeo Redline Park & Ride shuttle will be available Saturdays and Sundays during the Stock Show (see above info). It will take you directly from Billy Bob’s North Lot to the front gate, pick you up, and return you to your vehicle parking lot for only $5 per car. To find out more, click here.
Note for fellow bloggers: If you have found this information helpful, please link back to our site (here). Leave us a note in the comments section with your post, so we can visit your site, too!
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE