I had the opportunity to get a sneak preview of the new Kroger Fresh Fare Store before the doors opened to the public, and *wow* I was impressed! Following is a rundown of my visit, along with a few pics that hopefully capture a slice of the store for you ~ though, you’ll really want to visit the store in person to see for yourself!
Kroger has opened the doors to its first Fresh Fare concept store in Texas!
Located across the street from TCU, Fresh Fare caters to shoppers seeking freshness, variety and quick meal solutions in a more intimate setting. The new store will carry a large selection of regionally-grown and organic fruits and vegetables (love this!), soy, vegetarian, and gluten-free products, chef-prepared carry out items and lots more.
TEN Things I really like about Fresh Fare (and why you’ll want to visit this week):
1. FREEBIES. Along with FREE samples throughout the day, now through Sunday (June 27), the first 250 customers through the door will receive a different grocery item each day! This is for the early birds, as doors open at 6:00AM. The giveaway line-up includes:
Thursday (6/24): Driscoll’s Strawberries
Friday (6/25): Community Coffee
Saturday (6/26): 12 pack Dr. Pepper
Sunday (6/27): Half gallon of Blue Bell Ice Cream
2. GREAT Savings & Grand Opening specials on every aisle! Pickup an in-store circular to take advantage of all the grand opening specials.
3. Easy in and out navigation. I like the size of the store (a bit smaller than Kroger Signature Stores) ~ large enough to have a great selection and not too big to get in and out quickly. The express lanes are conveniently near the front door (notice the “about 15 items” express lane sign in the picture = brilliance!). A bicycle rack is available for cyclists in front of the store, too.
4. Purple TCU Cupcakes and a big bakery case full of tempting treats from the in-house pastry chef.
5. Fresh To Go Meals, including chef-prepared entrées, sides, salads, sushi, sandwiches and wraps for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
6. Wide choice of fresh produce including more than 100 varieties of organic vegetables and fruits. I counted at least sixteen types of peppers alone!
7. Artisan Fresh Bread Gallery plus in-store made flour tortillas in five flavors – white, wheat, butter, salsa and cinnamon sugar (must try!).
8. Boars Head Deli Meats and a large range of imported and domestic cheeses. I am so glad to finally have a store in Fort Worth that stocks the entire Boars Head line!
9. Surf & Turf. The butcher shop carries organic and prime beef, buffalo, organic poultry, over 50 varieties of seafood, and more.
10. A great variety of Fair Trade coffees and teas are found in the bulk section (including a TCU special coffee blend that is delicious!). And, if you don’t want to brew your own, a full service Starbucks ( open next month ) will be happy to help.
I hope you have a chance to visit the new store. And, if you happen to be gazing longingly through the glass of that amazing bakery case, we just might bump into each other! :)
You’ll find the Kroger Fresh Fare store at:
3120 S. University Drive in Fort Worth, across from TCU
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Did you find these savings tips helpful? Please let us know in the
comments section or forward this site to others!