One of my favorite things about summer is all the wonderful fresh fruits
and veggies from our hard working local farmers. If those aisles and piles
of produce bring a smile to your face too, you just might enjoy this “reprint”
post from our blog last year.
I just learned that the Texas Department of Agriculture certifies Farmers’
Markets all over Texas! Who knew?
I also discovered a couple of helpful links that make it simple to find these
markets and the freshest locally grown produce.
- Click here for the online Texas TDA Certified Farmers
Market guide and find a TDA Certified Farmers’ market near you.
- Go here for a FREE printable guide that also includes certified
“Pick Your Own” locations (where you and the kids can harvest
your own farm-fresh berries, pears, apples, peppers, peas and
more) around the state. The guide also provides a list of Texas
produce availability by month.
- For my fellow DFW friends ~ Click here for a list of recommended
Farmers Markets around our area.
- Click here for a national farmers market online guide
(courtesy of LocalHarvest.org) to locate a farmers’ market and
wonderful fresh produce in your “neck of the woods.”
Note: Some markets are seasonal and certain products are subject to availability. Always check before making the trip.
Enjoy and Share! :)
• Summer Reading Program for Kids = FREE Books from
Barnes and Noble, Borders and Half Price Books
• 2 Years for Price of One ~ Magazine and Newspaper
Subscriptions & Renewals from Amazon
• Try These Test Kitchen Favorites!
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!
Did you find these savings tips helpful? Please let us know in the
comments section or forward this site to others!