FRUGAL & FUN FRIDAYS IN FORT WORTH ~ Each Friday, we post ideas for free (or almost free) weekend entertainment for you and your family. Here are this weekend’s tips…
Mosey on Down to Fort Worth Stockyards to celebrate National Day of the Cowboy ~ Saturday, July 25th
The 3rd Annual Stockyards event (FREE) has been named the “Best Event of its kind in the nation” by western lifestyle magazine, American Cowboy. Don’t miss out on a day dedicated to celebrating the cowboy with lots of fun for all ages!
Family-friendly events include:
- Cowboy Camp Exhibit (at Cowtown Coliseum)
- Cowboy Celebration Parade
- Legends of Texas Gunfight shows
(at 11:00am & 4:15 inside Stockyards Station)
- Live music on Stockyards Station stage
- Fort Worth Herd Cow Camp (for young buckaroos)
- Stagecoach rides
- Most Worn-Out Boot and Best Mustache Contests
- Cowboy Karaoke Contest (flex those golden pipes!)
- Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive
- Pawnee Bill Wild West Show at Cowtown Coliseum
(at 2:30 & 4:30pm purchased ticket required).
- Horse training demonstration (at Cowtown Coliseum)
- Grapevine Vintage Railroad and MORE!
When: Saddle up on Saturday, July 25th from 11am to 4pm
Where: Activities will take place along East Exchange Avenue in the Fort Worth Stockyards. Click here for more info.
P.S. In case you were wondering… YES! This really is an honorary day, voted by the U.S. Senate to honor the American Cowboy! To see how other cities (from New York to California) are celebrating this fine event, click here.
Happy Trails! :)
If you enjoyed this tip, please leave a comment
or share this site with others!