ABOUT THE FRUGAL & FUN FORT WORTH WEEKEND EDITION Fridays, we post ideas for FREE (or really cheap) weekend entertainment for you and your family. Subscribe to our blog updates and you’ll receive this weekly entertainment guide along with more budget stretching ideas and tips throughout the week! Subscribe for FREE (here)!
This weekend’s highlights include:
- FREE Family Easter Egg Hunts (Lots of Locations: Grapevine, Hurst, Keller, North Richland Hills, and more!)
- FREE Cowtown Opry Performance
- FREE Home Decorating Class at Pottery Barn
- FREE Williams Sonoma Cooking Techniques Class
:: FREE Family Fun Easter Egg Hunts
…Saturday, March 31, 2012
There are lots of terrific (and FREE) Easter Egg Hunts sponsored throughout the metroplex this Saturday, March 31. Here are a few of our favorites:
• Richland Hills, Special Bunnies Easter Egg Hunt: This special Easter Egg Hunt is for children with any disability and their families ~ all are welcome to attend at no cost. The event will include family fun like face painting, clowns, games, food, prizes and more. There will be ‘beeping eggs’ for visually impaired children and large-size eggs for children in wheelchairs.
Saturday, March 31, 10:00am – 12:00pm at Creek Trail Park, 3925 Airline Drive, Richland Hills. Learn more here.
• Grapevine, 37th Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Nash Farms: Mr. and Mrs. Bunny will be hiding thousands of eggs at Nash Farm for a hopping good time. Special prize eggs will be hidden in each age division. Kids will love the face painting and other fun activities such as bounce-houses, petting zoo, hay rides and more.
Saturday, March 31, 9:30am – 12:30pm at Nash Farm in Grapevine, 626 Ball Street (near Historic Downtown Grapevine). Get more details here.
• North Richland Hills, Easter in the Park: Family activities will include an Easter egg hunt with over 25,000 eggs and prizes, a visit by the Easter bunny, bounce houses, train rides, a petting zoo, and live entertainment.
Saturday, March 31, 10:00am – Noon at Green Valley Park, 7701 Smithfield Road, North Richland Hills. Learn more here.
• Keller, Tree-Mendous Spring Easter Egg Scramble: Keller is hosting their largest Easter egg hunt and family fun event to date. There will be lots of free activities like bounce houses, slides, pony rides and a petting zoo, as well as an opportunity to meet the Easter Bunny. The City of Keller will also be giving away FREE trees to Keller residents while supplies last.
Saturday, March 31, 9:00am – 11:30AM at Bear Creek Park Pond, 400 Bear Creek Park in Keller. Learn more here.
• Hurst, Easter Eggstravaganza: Along with a fun Easter egg hunt for kids 10 and under, this family event will have crafts, a visit by Mr. Easter bunny, clowns, free refreshments and more.
Saturday, March 31, Activities start at 1:00pm, at Hurst Community Park, 601 Precinct Line Road, Hurst. Learn more here.
:: FREE Cowtown Opry Performance at the Fort Worth Stockyards
…Sunday, April 2, 2012
Hear classic western music come to life as Cowtown Opry members perform a free music exhibition on the steps of the Livestock Exchange building. This live family friendly music event will take place every Sunday and will feature a different theme each week ~ Western Gospel music will be featured on the 5th Sunday of the month.
What: For more information, visit the Cowtown Opry website.
When: Sunday, April 2, 2012, 2:00PM.
See the complete performance schedule here.
Where: The live performance will take place on the steps of the historic Livestock Exchange building ~ 131 East Exchange Ave. in the Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District.
:: FREE Pottery Barn Decorating Demonstrations and Open House
…Saturday, March 31, 2012
Be among the first to see Pottery Barn’s new summer collection along with interactive demonstrations for accessorizing your home! Pop by the store Saturday morning for their summer open house, where they will share helpful tips for simple and affordable ways to refresh your home and entertain.
:: Take a FREE Cooking Technique Class at Williams-Sonoma
…And, Get 10% OFF Your In-store Purchase!
…Sunday, April 1, 2012
Join Williams-Sonoma for a class on satisfying and healthy ways to enjoy spring produce. Learn how to select and prepare what’s in season now – your spring grocery shopping will be more interesting and your meals, more delicious (not to mention this is a great way to save money on produce!). Plus, if you attend this class, you can enjoy 10% OFF savings on same-day purchases from their stores.
Note: You’ll want to call to reserve your spot since class size is limited.
What: For more information and to view the current month’s schedule for Williams-Sonoma Cooking classes and demonstrations, click here.
When: Sunday, April 1, 2012. Note: 1 hour class times vary from store to store, so be sure to call for exact times & date.
Where: Click here to find a Williams Sonoma store near you.
Cost: FREE! Call your local store to RSVP.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend
Enjoy and Share! :)