The end of September is almost here and that means it is time for the annual State Fair (and the “culinary” smells of every artery-clogging food known to mankind wafting through the air)!
The Texas State Fair Opens Next Week!
(Runs September 24-October 17, 2010)
This year’s line up of events is as extensive as ever. Free Concerts (with fair admission) include: Mat Kearney, Mario, Matt Morris, American Idol star Brooke White, and even the Pointer Sisters! There is so much to see and do. Check out the mainstage line up of concerts here and the daily schedule of events here.
The Grease-O-Meter is Off the Charts this Year!
This year’s fried food extravaganza includes everything from Fried Frito Pie to the must-have-if-you-go-to-the-fair, famous Fletcher’s Corny Dog (and seemingly every fried “delicacy” in between including last year’s fried butter!).
Lots of Ways to Save
General admission tickets are normally $15/person. Plan ahead, and you can attend certain days for FREE. If your schedule isn’t as flexible, purchase tickets at deep discounts with one of the many ways to save on admission below:
1. Kroger Grocery Store Advance Ticket Savings. Kroger is the official site for advanced ticket purchases. Call or stop by Kroger’s service desk to purchase these discount tickets, during service desk hours:
DART/State Fair Combo Ticket: $16. This ticket gets you admission into the Fair AND a convenient round-trip ride via DART’s Greenline. You’ll be delivered to the front gate of Fair Park ( plus you save on $10 fair parking and gas!). Note, that this is not valid for service on TRE or Fort Worth T which would need to be purchased separately (TRE State Fair details here).
Advance General Admission: $14 ($15 at the gates). Valid for any one-day admission.
Advance Season Pass: $29.95 (not sold at State Fair admission gates). This is a great deal if you are going to make at least 2 visits during the fair. This season pass includes: Unlimited visits for 2010, 1 free companion ticket (good Monday-Friday), AND 1 free Cinemark Movie Theater ticket. Learn more here.
2. Opening Day $4 Admission with a Food Donation to the North Texas Food Bank (Friday, September 24) – Bring an unopened 20 oz. (or more) Coca-Cola product to the admission gates and enter the State Fair for $4 per person.
3. Tuesdays, Dr Pepper Day: $3 Admission – On Tuesdays, bring an empty Dr Pepper can to the admission gate and enter for $3.
4. After 5pm any day, Dr Pepper Day: $5 Admission – After 5pm, admission is $5 when you bring an empty Dr Pepper can to any State Fair admission gate.
5. Wednesdays, Kroger Day: 3 Cans for $2 Admission – When you bring 3 cans of food (per person) for donation to the North Texas Food Bank, get admission for $2.
6. Thursdays, Coke Day: $4 Admission – Bring an empty 20 oz. bottle of a Coca-Cola product and enter the Fair for $4 admission.
7. Thursdays, Seniors Day: FREE Admission– FREE Thursdays for Senior Citizens 60 years and older.
8. Thursdays, Cinemark: FREE Admission – Get FREE admission on Thursday by showing a Cinemark Theater ticket stub at the admissions gate.
9. Thursday, September 30th, Dickies Day: FREE Admission – Wear your Dickies logo clothing item to the staffed tent outside the gate and receive a FREE admission voucher for Thursday, September 30th only.
10. Fridays, Fort Worth Star Telegram Press Pass Savings: Buy One Get One FREE – Check the FW Star-Telegram on Fridays and Sundays for a special State Fair coupon. Present the coupon and your Press Pass when purchasing a general admission ticket at any State Fair of Texas ticket booth at the regular price of $15.00 and receive a second ticket FREE.
11. Any Day, McDonald’s: $4 OFF General Admission/FREE Child’s Admission – Stop by McDonald’s to get a $4 OFF Regular Admission coupon, good for any day of the State Fair. The coupon also provides a FREE child’s ticket (with purchase of general admission). Offer may not be combined with any other offer.
What: Find out more about the Texas State Fair, here.
Where: Fair Park, 3921 Martin Luther King Blvd ~ Dallas, TX
When: September 24-October 17, 2010
Enjoy and Share! :)