Just in time for that last-minute trip home
Southwest Airlines has announced another Thanksgiving sale with dates encompassing the holiday period (travel is valid Tuesday, November 24, through Wednesday, December 2).
Click here to get the scoop on Southwest’s Sale.
Southwest’s sale fares may not seem like “bargain basement” pricing at first glance, but in actuality they are reasonably priced for last minute travel during this high-demand travel period.
Several carriers, including AirTran, Delta, Northwest, and US Airways, are also joining in and competing with their great deals as well—in one case $196 lower—on more than half of the routes we compared.
A few more tips for getting the best price on your air travel:
- If your dates are flexible, keep in mind the cheapest travel dates (learn more here).
- When you’re browsing for a specific itinerary, make certain to pay attention to the advance-booking period. In many cases, the airline’s restrictions require you book 14 or more days in advance, thereby indirectly blacking-out the Thanksgiving travel period.
- Compare prices among reliable travel consolidators like Travelocity, Orbitz, or Priceline.
- Always compare fares at the Airlines’ direct sites. You can sometimes get better schedules & deals by going direct to the airlines.
OTHER POPULAR POSTS:
• $5 Magazine Subscriptions ~ Southern Living,
Good Housekeeping, Disney Family Fun, & Many More
• FREE Thanksgiving Cookbooks from Martha Stewart,
Paula Deen, Taste of Home and More!
• Cheapest Days for Thanksgiving Travel
SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!
Did you find these savings tips helpful? Please let us know in the
comments section or forward this site to others!
Pingback: Frugal Travel Alert: Last-Minute Thanksgiving Day Sale on …