The back-to-school bargain shopping season is in full swing!
Following is a compiled list of some of the best back-to-school bargains out there (Most are good through Aug. 1):.
25 cents for Elmer’s Glue, slider pencil cases, five-pack of Bic mechanical pencils, pencil sharpeners or a 12-pack of erasers. Scissors and glue sticks are among the items that will be two for $3. You can print out a coupon
for $5 off $30 or use the coupon from the Sunday newspaper insert.
- Office Depot: 5 cents for a compass, 20 cents for a four-pack of glue sticks and 75 cents for one-inch binders. Composition books and paper for 99 cents.Buy $10 worth of supplies and get a slider pencil box free. The store also has a number of free items if you buy something, such as a free Expo starter set of markers if you buy a dry-erase board.
- OfficeMax: 1 cent for a 24-pack of Schoolio von Hoolio crayons; 25 cents for junior scissors, a box of erasers or Schoolio von Hoolio poly folders; buy two, get one for 1 cent on Bic pens, pencils, highlighters, Expo dry eraser markers, Jumbo Book Sox and Crayola crayons, markers, pencils or paints.
- Walgreens: Buy one, get two free on spiral notebooks, pocket folders, composition books and filler paper.
- CVS: Buy one, get one free on backpacks, Bic pencils, scissors, 16-packs of crayons, notebooks and more. If you do the Extra Bucks shopping, you can get a 15-pack of erasers, pencil case, sticky notes, stapler, two-pack of Easy Touch pens and a few others items essentially free by paying 99 cents for the items and then getting 99 cents in Extra Care bucks. The Extra Buck deals are good only through Tuesday.
- Target: 50 cents each for pencil box, pencil pouch, 12-pack of Paper Mate Eagle pens. Coming this week, Target will have many other items between 50 cents and $1
- Wal-Mart: 25 cents for two-pack of glue sticks, Elmer’s glue, 24-pack of Crayola crayons; 15 cents for 70-page notebooks or two pocket folders; $1 for Crayola markers or colored pencils; $9 for backpacks
- And for my teacher friends…most of these stores offer a Teacher’s Appreciation Day, providing additional discounts on supplies…be sure to inquire with each store for details (i.e. Office Max is providing a 15% discount to teachers on August 9, click here).
Don’t want to shop from store-to-store-to-store to get the best deal?
After reading many reviews comparing the shopping experiences of the above back-to-school retailers, the overwhelming one-stop-shop choice by reviewers is Target…voted as the best overall combination of price, selection and convenience. OR get the best of both savings & convenience…catch a few of the sales above and then fill in the gaps of your list at Target.
Have a back-to-school tip you’d like to share with others?
Please share your back-to-school shopping tips with others, by leaving a comment.
Happy shopping! :)
Thank you moneycentral.msn.com for compiling many of the deals listed above!