|Note: This blog post is from 2014. Go here for the latest 2015 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo insider savings tips.|
Planning to attend the 2014 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo?
Plan ahead and you can get 50% OFF Rodeo tickets or even get Stock Show grounds admission for FREE. This 23 day event (January 17 – February 8) includes the rodeo (extra ticket needed), premier livestock shows, musical entertainment, petting zoo, family friendly exhibits, and lots more. There are lots of special activities to enjoy and the schedule of events is fresh each day.
Here’s the inside scoop on how to save on your tickets…
1. Buy 1 Get One FREE Rodeo Ticket Coupons ~ Download a Buy One Get One FREE Rodeo Admission coupon here. This voucher is valid for up to 4 tickets (Buy 1, get 1 FREE ~ or ~ Buy 2 get 2 FREE) and availability is limited for promotion tickets, dates and times listed. You will need to follow the instructions on the coupon to redeem your coupon and receive your free BOGO tickets. Buying Tip: Be sure to call before using this coupon, to make sure your desired rodeo performance date is available.
2. Fort Worth Star Telegram Press Pass Savings ~ Present your valid FW Star-Telegram Press Pass when purchasing general grounds admission or rodeo tickets to get the following savings (Limit 4 discounts per Press Pass ~ learn more details here):
Press Pass Discounts:
$2 OFF Adult Grounds Admission every day
$6 OFF Weekday Matinee Rodeo performances
Gold Press Pass Holder Discounts:
$10 OFF all $19 Rodeo performances
Limit (4) discounts per valid Gold Press Pass. No promo code needed.
50% OFF Stock Show Grounds & Midway Rides on Wednesdays
All cardholders who present their valid Press Pass card at the box offices on Press Pass Wednesdays will receive 50% OFF the regular adult grounds admission price of $10 and half-price tickets for Midway ride tickets (regularly $1 each). No promo code needed.
3. Fridays, 50% OFF Admission for Seniors ~ Senior citizens age 65 and over will be admitted to the Stock Show grounds every Friday throughout the show for $5 (that’s 50% OFF general admission). Learn more here.
4. FREE Grounds Admission, Tuesday, January 21st (Dickies Day) ~ Wear your Dickies logoed clothing item to the gate ticket office and receive FREE general admission to the Stock Show grounds for Tuesday, January 21st only. Learn more here.
5. FREE Rodeo Tickets and Reception for Breast Cancer Survivors on Pink Day, Tuesday, January 28th ~ In partnership with the Greater Fort Worth affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure, 50% of all general admission and rodeo ticket sales from January 28th events will be donated to this worthy cause. That same day, breast cancer survivors will be treated to a Pink Ribbon Roundup reception with refreshments and more. Survivors will also receive a free ticket to the evening’s rodeo performance. Learn more here.
6. FREE Grounds Admission for TCU Fans & $10 OFF Rodeo Tickets for TCU Students, Thursday January 30th (TCU Day) ~ Wear any TCU logoed gear on TCU day and receive FREE general admission to the Stock show grounds (rodeo performance not included). TCU students with a valid/current student I.D. can also get $10 rodeo tickets for performances on this day. Learn more here.
7. FREE Grounds Admission AND Rodeo for Military Appreciation Day, Monday, February 3rd ~ Present your military ID (active or retired) at the Rodeo Ticket Box Office and receive FREE tickets to the Rodeo (includes Grounds admission) for you and your immediate family for the 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. performance (you can get your tickets now!). Thank you for your service! Learn more here.
|Get The Latest Frugal in Fort Worth Blog Updates for FREE!
You will receive the latest saving tips on local restaurants, cheap shopping, family entertainment, money-saving coupons, and more budget stretching ideas throughout the week when you subscribe.
Subscribe for FREE (here)!
8. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For NTTA Tolltag Holders on Tuesdays ~ Each Tuesday during the Show, display your North Texas Tollway Authority issued Tolltag on your vehicle windshield, park in any official Stock Show parking lot and receive a FREE 1-day general admission pass to the Stock Show grounds. This free pass ($10 value) is good any day of the Show (rodeo performance not included with free grounds admission.).
9. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For Museum Members ~ If you’re a member of The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, you can get into the Stock Show Grounds for FREE any day. Museum members must present a current Museum Membership card and photo ID at a Stock Show ticket booth to receive free entry. Learn more here.
10. Special cowboys & culture moo-seum bonus (I love this!) ~ For the 4th straight year, your Stock Show grounds admission ticket can be used to get FREE admission (January 17th to February 8th) to The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. For adults, that’s an extra savings of $24, if you visit all 3! Learn more about the “Moo-seum” program, here.
When: The 2014 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo takes place
January 17 through February 8. Learn more here.
Where: 3400 Burnett-Tandy Dr. Click here for driving directions.
Parking: A Special Park & Ride shuttle will be available Saturdays and Sundays during the Stock Show. It will take you directly from Ridgmar Mall or Billy Bob’s to the front gate, pick you up, and return you to your vehicle parking lot for only $1.00 each way (pretty slick!). Parking itself is free. To find out more, click here or visit the-t.com.
Note for fellow bloggers: If you have found this information helpful, please link back to our site (here). Leave us a note in the comments section with your post, so we can visit your site, too!
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!