|Get The Latest Frugal in Fort Worth Blog Updates for FREE!
You will receive the latest saving tips on local restaurants, cheap
shopping, family entertainment, money-saving coupons, and more
budget stretching ideas throughout the week when you subscribe.
Subscribe for FREE (here)!
|Note: This blog post is from 2012. Go here for the latest 2015 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo insider savings tips.|
Attending the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo?
Plan ahead and you can get 50% OFF Rodeo Tickets or get Stock Show General Admission For FREE. This 3 week event (Jan. 13 – Feb. 4) includes the rodeo (extra ticket needed), premier livestock shows, musical entertainment, petting zoo, family friendly exhibits, and lots more. There are lots of special activities to enjoy and the schedule of events is fresh each day.
Here’s the inside scoop on how to save on your tickets…
1. Buy 1 Get One FREE Rodeo Ticket Coupons ~ Pick up a Buy One Get One FREE Rodeo Admission coupon at any Mattress Firm Location in Fort Worth or the Dickies clothing retail store (521 W. Vickery Blvd in Downtown Fort Worth). Follow the instructions on the coupon to redeem your coupon at the Stock Show & Rodeo Ticket Office. Note: Be sure to call before using this coupon, to make sure your desired rodeo performance date is available. Availability is limited for promotion tickets and the coupon is not usable with all performance dates & times.
2. Fort Worth Star Telegram Press Pass Savings ~ Present your valid FW Star-Telegram Press Pass when purchasing general admission or rodeo tickets to get the following savings (Limit 4 discounts per Press Pass ~ learn more details here):
Press Pass Discounts:
$2.00 OFF Adult Grounds Admission Every Day
$5.00 OFF Weekday Matinee Rodeo Performances
50% OFF Rodeo Tickets for Gold Press Pass Holders:
50% OFF ($8.00) for all PRCA $16.00 Rodeo Performances.
Limit (4) discounts per Press Pass. No promo code needed.
50% OFF Wednesdays for All Press Pass Holders:
Press Pass will be honored for 50% OFF adult grounds admission (Regularly $10.00) and 50% OFF midway ride tickets (regularly $1.00 each) on each Wednesday of the show. No code needed.
3. Fridays, 50% OFF Admission for Seniors ~ Senior citizens age 65 and over will be admitted to the Stock Show grounds every Friday throughout the show for $5 (that’s 50% OFF general admission). Learn more here.
4. FREE Grounds Admission, Tuesday, January 17th (Dickies Day) ~ Wear your Dickies logoed clothing item to the gate ticket office and receive FREE general admission to the Stock Show grounds for Tuesday, January 18th only. Learn more here.
5. FREE Grounds Admission AND Rodeo for Military, Monday, January 30th ~ Present your military ID (active or retired) at the Rodeo Ticket Box Office and receive FREE tickets to the Rodeo (includes Grounds admission) for you and your immediate family for the 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. performance (you can get your tickets now!). Thank you for your service! Learn more here.
6. FREE Rodeo Tickets for First Responders (Police, Fire & EMS Personnel) ~ In recognition of their valued service, Teletouch-Hawk Electronics would like to host First Responders and their families (up to 4) for a fun-filled day at the Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. The FREE tickets will admit you to a select performance of the historic 116th Annual Rodeo and will include admission to the Stock Show grounds where you will have access to the Livestock Barns, the Carnival Midway, and all exhibits. Learn more here.
7. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For Museum Members ~ If you’re a member of The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, you can get into the Stock Show Grounds for FREE. Museum members must present a current Museum Membership card and photo ID at a Stock Show ticket booth for free entry. Learn more here.
8. Save a bundle if you plan to attend multiple days ~ This year, the Stock Show and Rodeo has a special Super Saver deal that nicely lowers the cost if you will be visiting the Stock Show grounds multiple days. With this $40 per person deal, you get 20 Midway Ride Coupons (worth $20) and a souvenir pin that provides ground admission to the exhibit areas for all 23 days of the show. Go here to learn more.
9. Special Bonus (I love this!) ~ Your Stock Show grounds admission ticket can be used to get FREE admission from January 13th to February 4th to The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. For adults, that’s an extra savings of $24, if you visit all 3! Learn more about the “Moo-seum” program, here.
When: The 2012 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo takes place
January 13 through February 4. Learn more here.
Where: 3400 Burnett-Tandy Dr. Click here for driving directions.
Parking: A Special Park & Ride shuttle will be available Saturdays and Sundays during the Stock Show. It will take you directly from Ridgmar Mall or Billy Bob’s to the front gate, pick you up, and return you to your vehicle parking lot for only $1.00 each way (pretty slick!). To find out more, click here.
Note for fellow bloggers: If you have found this information helpful, please link back to our site (here). Leave us a note in the comments section with your post, so we can visit your site, too!
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!