As much as we all love getting together with family and friends over a delicious Thanksgiving dinner, the holidays can also be a stressful time – particularly when you have young children and travel is involved. The good news is that, this year, smart phone apps can help you keep everything under control. Our friends at YP.com have helped us put together a list of useful apps to get you through Thanksgiving ~ from recipes to saving money on gas ~ this list of FREE apps will help keep you sane and running on schedule this season:
- Digital Recipe Sidekick – This free app will help you cook Thanksgiving dinner or create the perfect casserole to bring to your mother-in-law’s. The best thing about it is that it will also read recipes to you, hands-free, step-by-step for those times when your hands are covered in batter or other food! It has a few preloaded recipes, but you can import virtually endless recipes from AllRecipes.com or input your own favorites. It’s like keeping a whole bookshelf of cookbooks in your pocket, for free. Available on Android. IPhone and IPad alternative: Epicurious .
- TripIt – TripIt organizes your travel itinerary so it’s easy to access. After you add a trip, you can see details like airport names and terminals, confirmation code, seat number, estimated length of time for the flight, and contact information for the airline. And, if you booked the flight for other people, their names and ticket numbers are available too. Available on Android, Blackberry and iPhone.
- YP – This local resource app has seen a major evolution since its launch. Aside from being a Yellow Pages book in your pocket, it also helps you find best prices on nearby gas stations and grants you access to thousands of coupons from local businesses. So whether you need to fill up on gas on your way to grandma’s, get children’s Motrin for that unexpected fever at 11 pm or find a local event or movie theater, the YP app is a great resource for simple search and easy savings. Available on Android, Blackberry, iPad, iPhone and Palm.
- Black Friday App – Ready or not, Black Friday is just around the corner! If you’re all about the bricks and mortar/in-store shopping thrills, this free app could save you a lot of time and cash, since it allows you to prepare and browse Black Friday ads on your phone now. Plus you can save items to your Shopping List, find a store near you and share deals via Twitter, Facebook, and e-mail. Available on Android.
- The Crayola app – Keep kids as young as 3 entertained and occupied while you shop or cook with this creative app that simulates Crayola crayons, markers and paints. Available on iPhone and iPad.
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!