|Get The Latest Frugal in Fort Worth Blog Updates for FREE!
You will receive the latest saving tips on local restaurants, cheap
shopping, family entertainment, money-saving coupons, and more
budget stretching ideas throughout the week when you subscribe.
Subscribe for FREE (here)!
|Note: This blog post is from 2011. Go here for the latest 2015 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo insider savings tips.|
Attending the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo?
Plan ahead and you can get 50% OFF Rodeo Tickets or get Stock Show General Admission For FREE. This 3 week event (Jan. 14 – Feb. 5) starts Saturday and includes the rodeo (extra ticket needed), premier livestock shows, musical entertainment, petting zoo, family friendly exhibits, and lots more. There are lots of special activities to enjoy and the schedule of events is fresh each day.
Here’s the inside scoop on how to save on your tickets…
1. Buy 1 Get One FREE Rodeo Ticket Coupon ~ Print out this BOGO Coupon (or pick one up at the Dickies retail outlet store in Downtown Fort Worth). Redeem your coupon at the Stock Show & Rodeo Ticket Office. Note: Be sure to call before using this coupon, to make sure your desired rodeo performance date is available. Availability is limited for promotion tickets and the coupon is not usable with all performance dates & times.
2. Fort Worth Star Telegram Press Pass Savings ~ Present your valid FW Star-Telegram Press Pass when purchasing general admission or rodeo tickets to get the following savings:
Press Pass Discounts:
$2.00 OFF Adult Grounds Admission Every Day
$5.00 OFF Weekday Matinee Rodeo Performances
50% OFF Rodeo Tickets for Gold Press Pass Holders:
50% OFF ($8.00) for all $16.00 Rodeo Performances.
Limit (4) discounts per Press Pass. No promo code needed.
50% OFF Wednesdays for Press Pass Holders:
Press Pass will be honored for 50% OFF adult grounds admission (Regularly $8.00 – limit 4 adult discounts per Press Pass) and 50% OFF midway ride tickets (regularly $1.00 each) on each Wednesday of the show. No code needed.
3. Fridays, 50% OFF Admission for Seniors ~ Senior citizens age 65 and over will be admitted to the Stock Show grounds every Friday throughout the show for $5 (that’s 50% OFF general admission).
4. FREE Grounds Admission, Tuesday, January 18th (Dickies Day) ~ Wear your Dickies logoed clothing item to the gate ticket office and receive FREE general admission to the Stock Show grounds for Tuesday, January 18th only.
5. FREE Grounds Admission AND Rodeo for Military, Monday, January 31st ~ Present your military ID (active or retired) at the Rodeo Ticket Box Office and receive FREE tickets to the Rodeo (includes Grounds admission) for you and your immediate family for the 2:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. performance (you can get your tickets now!). Thank you for your service!
6. FREE Stock Show Grounds Admission For Museum Members ~ If you’re a member of The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame, you can get into the Stock Show Grounds for FREE. Museum members must present a current Museum Membership card and photo ID at a Stock Show ticket booth for free entry.
7. Special Bonus (I love this added FREEBIE!) ~ New this year with your Stock Show grounds admission ticket: get FREE admission from January 14th to Febuary 5th to The FW Museum of Science and History, the Cattle Raisers Museum or the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame. For adults, that’s an additional savings of $24, if you visit all 3! Learn more about the new “Moo-seum” program, here.
When: The 2011 Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo takes place
January 14 through February 5, 2011. Learn more, here.
Where: 3400 Burnett-Tandy Dr. Click here for driving directions.
How: A Special Park & Ride shuttle will be available Saturdays and
Sundays during the Stock Show. It will take you directly to the front
gate, pick you up, and return you to your vehicle parking lot for only
$1.00 each way. To find out more, click here.
Cost: Regular price for General Admission is
Adults ~$10, Children 6 – 16 ~ $5, Children 5 & Under ~ FREE
Note for fellow bloggers: If you have found this information helpful, please link back to our site (here). Leave us a note in the comments section with your post, so we can visit your site, too!
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE!