Pick up a couple of inexpensive pumpkins and try you hand at a fun design with one of these FREE pumpkin stencils — we’ve rounded up over 200 designs for just about every interest and level of difficulty:
- The Texas Rangers fan club has 4 FREE Texas Rangers and Texas themed FREE printable jack-o-lantern templates here. Show your support for our favorite baseball team!
- Southern Living inspires with over 55 free pumpkin carving and decorating ideas – from elegant to jolly–to ready your house for the fall.
- Better Homes and Gardens provides over 100 creative ideas and templates for decorating pumpkins here. They even offer free customized stencils when you answer a short quiz based on your carving ability level, decorating desires, and project involvement needs.
- Hesheys.com offers a wide variety of 30 different patterns from easy to advanced, with printable carving instructions.
- DisneyFamily.com has over 30 templates including many Disney character patterns ~ Frozen’s Olaf, Mickey Mouse, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, Toy Story, Ferb and Doc McStuffins.
- Nick Jr. offers 31 favorite Nick Jr. TV show character patterns like Dora the Explorer, Paw Patrol, and many others.
- Lowes has created 8 downloadable designs to add fall flair to your front entry. If you want something less halloween themed and more decorative, the Ginkgo leaf design is fantastic.
- Kraft.com has 6 different pumpkin face patterns as well as an easy-to-follow guide for carving pumpkins, here.
- PumpkinLady.com provides a wide selection of clever design templates, most for less than $.99. Click around the site for some great ideas. You’ll also find 12 designs for FREE here.
I recommend a couple of great tools for making your pumpkin carving project easier:
- For the more serious pumpkin carving project, I recommend the Messermeister Pumpkin Carving Kit which includes a chef quality Pumpkin/Melon knife, scoop and carving tools in a storage case. The special blades are designed to carve intricate designs beautifully (not for the kiddos, though)! They’ll give a great grip when cutting and carving pumpkins and thick melons, too.
If you want one really good tool, I recommend getting a special Pumpkin/Melon Carving knife. We really like the Warren Pro Pumpkin Carving knife. It is well made with a walnut handle and comes with several sturdy replacement blades that have a fine saw like cutting action ~ they will not bend or break as with the cheaper versions. Again, this is not safe for kids.
Enjoy and Share! :)
Want to keep up with fresh ways to save money
and button down the family finances?
Subscribe to Frugal in Fort Worth now. It’s FREE